cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6D will not connect to Windows

Juxtapose
Apprentice

Hello, I own a EOS 6D and I have a windows 8 computer and a iMac compiter.  I have no problem connecting to the Mac, but the windows system refuses to connect.  I updated the firmware t the camera but the windows system just wont connect.

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hello Juxtapose!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

I wanted to let you know that we moved your post to its own thread because it's a new topic from where it was before. We feel like it's more likely to get an answer that will match your needs this way.

Also, so that the Community can help you better, we will need to know if y ou're seeing any error messages, and the exact versions of Windows and Mac OS X you're using, as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

Are you using the EOS Utility to establish the connection? If not, install it and give it a try. I use it to connect to my 5D3, my 7D's, and my 50D from Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 with no problems.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

StreeterN
Contributor

Canon UK has made available a new version of EOS Utility 2 which fixes the problems with WiFi under windows 8.1 (64bit) and possibly other specific configurations. I have just downloaded it and tested WiFi pairing and it now works ok, and the issue with it causing the BT hub 5 ro reset when installed has also gone, The version that works is 2.14.1 I have checked the US site and the same version is available there also. 

JonKline
Enthusiast

Definitely check your USB cable, if you're using USB.  I've found odd cables that only work intermittently.

It's also possible you have a bad USB port.