cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6D problems

and2maz
Apprentice

After completion of the file transfer by both the cable as WiFi
LCD turns off after disconnecting the USB cable / disconnect WiFi in the new EOS 6D.Fault takes several hours and the screen is working correctly during setup of the camera. Although you can change settings
the camera when you press the Q button but when you press all the other (the trigger
shutter, AF, ISO, choice sensor, the measurement of light) and use the dial setting turns off the LCD screen.
Immediately after disconnecting the USB cable, I managed to do two almost black pictures though
 the normal lighting outside. An error Er 01  also appears .
Connection with the lens contacts are definitely clean-care. In accordance with
suggestion of Canon updated the firmware support to version 1.14-without improvement.
Is there something I should still pay attention to the settings of the camera, PC? What
may be the cause of this phenomenon-a problem with the LCD screen. The body is new
and never fell down. EF 24-85, EF 70-200 f4.
11 REPLIES 11

Skirball
Authority

Sorry, it is difficult to understand your post, so I'm not sure exactly what you're asking.  I assume that you're using an online translator.  You may have to ask your questions again.

Er 01, as I think you know, means that the camera is not communicating with the lens.  Does it do this for both your lenses?

You said the the LCD was black.  Is the camera on (does the top LCD work, or can you see the display in the viewfinder)?  If so, did you push the "Info" button?  If none of the camera turns on it might be something as simple as the battery case is partly open (the camera will not turn on if the battery case isn't closed).

Thank You for your answer. My problem occur just after I pull out USB cable from EOS and persists for a few hours. I mean LCD at the top and in the viewfinder works fine but every buttons exept the Q button, menu and info button turns off LCD screen. Sometimes Er 01 is shown . I mean it doesnt appears constantly inspite of lens contacts are clean. 

File transfer goes without problems, remote shooting too and EOS Utillity works fine but after disconecting camera from PC problem occur. I do not know what  do I wrong. Is there something wrong with PC, router setings or can it be body or lens failure.

Weird, never heard of that.  It certainly isn't normal behavior.   If you take the battery out and put it back in I assume it works normal?  Are you using Windows, and if so do you use the button to "Safely remove USB" before physically removing it?  I never use it myself, but maybe your system requires it.

Hi. I use Win7 and there is no " safe remove USB" icon so i turn off camera first and then disconnect cable. As far battery is concerned taking it out and puting back does not resolvs problem. Camera starts work properly after few hours. 

Do You think that such a problem can cause old lens? I mean EF 24-85 bought in 2004 which worked fine with analog cameras.

@and2maz wrote:

Hi. I use Win7 and there is no " safe remove USB" icon so i turn off camera first and then disconnect cable.

You don't have one of these:

sdf

@and2maz wrote:

As far battery is concerned taking it out and puting back does not resolvs problem. Camera starts work properly after few hours. 

That makes me think it is a camera issue.  There are no normal malfunctions that need to sit for a few hours to fix themselves.  Taking a battery out and putting it back in should reset any electrical issues.

cale_kat
Mentor

I think it is entirely possible that you have a defective or possibly counterfeit battery. The sort of issues you mention are frequently associated with intermittent or incomplete communication between the battery and the camera.

Of course, I could be wrong...

Good luck.

PhotosByNeva
Enthusiast
There is a "safe remove" for usb on Windows 7. The little arrow in bottom right of your home screen. Click that, there should be several icons that show up, onee is the little usb one. Click on that. It is only there ifnyou have a usb port in use. I use it all the time.
Announcements