cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6D mark II not recording audio?

AlexKyte
Apprentice

I've only recently encountered this issue today, where when I record video, no audio can be heard in the playback. It doesn't seem to matter if I use the in-body or an external shotgun microphone either. I know it's not a playback volume thing, cause even when I play the footage on my computer I hear no sound. Has anyone else had this problem and knows how to fix it?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

A little back story would be helpful.

New camera, used, or new to you?

Are you connecting anything else to the camera?

What kind of MIC are you using? (model) Is it powered?

Start here:

Test with one or two memory cards

Format them in the camera

Capture one or more clips, no MIC

Test playback?

Try with a second card if the first fails.

If it still doesn't work, reset the camera to defaults

Once again retest video capture and playback

If it still doesn't work, the camera will need to be inspected by Canon.

Canon U.S.A., Inc. | Service Request

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick,

This is a new camera that I got for school around September 2020. The mics I were using were both the in-body and a cheap Takstar SGC-598, which draws power directly from the camera via jack. Still no playback audio can be heard no matter which mic I use. The camera has recorded audio previously that could be heard in playback, this is only a recent issue I encountered just yesterday.

I've tried your suggestions by recording and playing back on multiple cards with no success, and even resetting the camera settings did nothing to fix the issue. I'm afraid inspection may be the only option... and during my finals too... what a time to break on me.

You might be able to get it fixed under waranty, call Canon.

But til then get a zoom or similar recorder and add the audio in post. Just make sure to clap your hands or do something else to get a visual clue to synchronize the sound, like a clapboard

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements