cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS-6D: iPhone 6s not able to detect 6D's wifi

skyblue
Apprentice

I recently changed my phone from iPhone 6 to iPhone 6s. iPhone 6S wasn't able to detect camera's wifi. My iPad mini 2 was able to detect camera's wifi. Is this a known issue and a solution for it? Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Someone from Apple communitty provides some tips. It turned out that I simply needed to reboot my phone for iPhone to detect camera's wifi signal. Thanks to everyone who helped me.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

skyblue
Apprentice
My problem is that from my iPhone 6s wifi setting, Canon's SSID isn't shown so I have no way to tell iPhone to connect to my camera.

@skyblue wrote:
My problem is that from my iPhone 6s wifi setting, Canon's SSID isn't shown so I have no way to tell iPhone to connect to my camera.

Maybe you need to turn the other phone off, so that the camera can reconnect to the new one.  Who knows?

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/

Use the above link to find the EOS-6D support page, where you will find a link to "Wireless Help" videos.

[EDIT]

Here is a current thread on the same topic, which seems to contain step by step instructions.

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS/Canon-6D-wireless-connections/m-p/179335#U179335

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you. I did all of them. My old phone was discommisioned (factory reset). I no longer possess it.

I also read the other thread before posting mine. My problem is that iPhone 6s doesn't detect camera's wifi. I have also posed my problem at Apple Community. So far, no solution yet.

@skyblue wrote:

Thank you. I did all of them. My old phone was discommisioned (factory reset). I no longer possess it.

I also read the other thread before posting mine. My problem is that iPhone 6s doesn't detect camera's wifi. I have also posed my problem at Apple Community. So far, no solution yet.

Make sure you know who is the client and who is the access point in this arrangement. If the 6D is advertising an SSID, then it's presumably the access point. Can your laptop computer see it? If it can and the phone can't, then make sure the phone isn't trying to be the access point rather than the clent.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Someone from Apple communitty provides some tips. It turned out that I simply needed to reboot my phone for iPhone to detect camera's wifi signal. Thanks to everyone who helped me.

Announcements