cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6D does not find or produce WiFi signals

davefry04
Apprentice

Hello All -

I am thinking there is an issue with the internal workings of the WiFi antenna in my new Canon 6D.  When setting up the wifi functions and trying to connect to a smartphone via "Camera access point mode", none of my devices find the WiFi signal that is supposedly being emitted by the 6D.  I've tried entering the SSID manually to no avail. 

When choosing the other option of "Infrastructure Mode", the camera is unable to find ANY wireless networks around me.  I live in a very busy neighborhood and there are probably 20-30 wireless networks visible on ALL of my other devices.  Also, after searching for networks the first time and it finds none, when you select "search again", the camera will just sit in the screen that says "Busy...Please Wait" and will not leave the screen unless you push the shutter button to interrupt the process.  Again, the camera seems unable to detect wireless networks.

Something seems wrong internally with the camera, but I wanted to throw it out to everyone to see if any of you have any information on how I can go about fixing this issue.  I was very excited to try out the live viewing via my iPhone/iPad while setting up Landscape shots, but obviously that won't happen until this issue is diagnosed and solved.  

Can anyone help?!

Thanks,

Dave

10 REPLIES 10

mtchk
Apprentice

With a high probability, the camera is not able to work with 12 and 13 channels of 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi. Try changing the range on the router to 1-11 channels

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements