cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6D Mark II Web Registration

Charles2017
Contributor

Hi guys,

I've just upgraded from a 70D to a 6D Mark II. I had the Wi-Fi working on the 70D and its comes up as registered on Canon Image Gateway.

I can't get the 6D to register (I can connect to the PC and upload pictures) but when I run the EOS Utility and use the Web Service Registration Tool I get the message "Failed to connect to the server" (I've got a very fast Internet connection by the way).

Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks,

Charles

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorted! It is actually region dependent, In my Canon ID I changed my country to Hong Kong, registered the camera and changed back to UK. I now get 2 Image Gateways, one for EMEA and the other for Asia, double the storage capacity!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

It is now working. Thanks

Charles2017
Contributor

Now it's image.canon I can only login to one of the regions so I now can't access some of my pictures.

Charles2017
Contributor

It's still not working, I can't access any other region.

Charles2017
Contributor
Ierebelo, can you access other regions?

Didn't try because I just created an account now and my problem was to access to image.canon. Now I can and also can upload photos from the camera to the cloud

Charles2017
Contributor

Actually looking at this in a bit more detail the iPad app is hopeless, the display only occupies about a half of the screen and it doesn't even store my login details.

In fact what's the point of the app when just logging in with Chrome on the iPad is better?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements