cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6D Mark II Web Registration

Charles2017
Contributor

Hi guys,

I've just upgraded from a 70D to a 6D Mark II. I had the Wi-Fi working on the 70D and its comes up as registered on Canon Image Gateway.

I can't get the 6D to register (I can connect to the PC and upload pictures) but when I run the EOS Utility and use the Web Service Registration Tool I get the message "Failed to connect to the server" (I've got a very fast Internet connection by the way).

Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks,

Charles

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorted! It is actually region dependent, In my Canon ID I changed my country to Hong Kong, registered the camera and changed back to UK. I now get 2 Image Gateways, one for EMEA and the other for Asia, double the storage capacity!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Charles2017 wrote:

Hi guys,

I've just upgraded from a 70D to a 6D Mark II. I had the Wi-Fi working on the 70D and its comes up as registered on Canon Image Gateway.

I can't get the 6D to register (I can connect to the PC and upload pictures) but when I run the EOS Utility and use the Web Service Registration Tool I get the message "Failed to connect to the server" (I've got a very fast Internet connection by the way).

Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks,

Charles

The most likely cause is problems with the web site.  I have never used the Image Gateway.  I shoot RAW nearly all of the time.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

William_N
Enthusiast

Hi Charles2017,

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

As Waddizzle mentioned there could have been a temporary issue with the website causing the message you indicated. If you continue to receive the message there are a couple of steps I recommend.

I would go to the software page for your 6D Mark II (HERE) and install the latest version of EOS Utility listed for your computer's operating system (should be ver. 3.8.20).

Once the latest EOS Utility has been installed login to the Canon Image Gateway site (HERE). When your account homepage loads look for the "Add new Wi-Fi products" section. Click the option for adding a new product, and follow the instructions on the next page.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi, I have V3.8.20 still the same "Failed to connect to Server" message.

Sorted! It is actually region dependent, In my Canon ID I changed my country to Hong Kong, registered the camera and changed back to UK. I now get 2 Image Gateways, one for EMEA and the other for Asia, double the storage capacity!

I was veeeery happy to see that Canon still supports a almost 10 year old camera. The new image.canon-storage-option is supposed to work with my beloved 6D, too. 

BUT I do get the same error message, no matter how I delete the camera from my Canon-accound and add it while changing to another country. Does anyone else has an idea on what to do? 

The camera was bought in the United States, but I guess / hope that does not matter much?

Thanks for your help! 

The EOS Utility is having issues updating the certificate for most EOS cameras right now. Bear with us while we work out the kinks rolling out the new service, please. 

Great, thank you for the feedback, then I'll keep my legs still until further notice.

I have the same issue with my EOS 6D. Can you please let us know when this issue will be solved?

Now it is working. Thank you, Canon!

Announcements