Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

EOS 6D Mark II Web Registration

Hi guys,

I've just upgraded from a 70D to a 6D Mark II. I had the Wi-Fi working on the 70D and its comes up as registered on Canon Image Gateway.

I can't get the 6D to register (I can connect to the PC and upload pictures) but when I run the EOS Utility and use the Web Service Registration Tool I get the message "Failed to connect to the server" (I've got a very fast Internet connection by the way).

Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks,

Charles

VIP

Re: EOS 6D Mark II Web Registration

@Charles2017 wrote:

Hi guys,

I've just upgraded from a 70D to a 6D Mark II. I had the Wi-Fi working on the 70D and its comes up as registered on Canon Image Gateway.

I can't get the 6D to register (I can connect to the PC and upload pictures) but when I run the EOS Utility and use the Web Service Registration Tool I get the message "Failed to connect to the server" (I've got a very fast Internet connection by the way).

Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks,

Charles

The most likely cause is problems with the web site.  I have never used the Image Gateway.  I shoot RAW nearly all of the time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Product Expert

Hi Charles2017,

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

As Waddizzle mentioned there could have been a temporary issue with the website causing the message you indicated. If you continue to receive the message there are a couple of steps I recommend.

I would go to the software page for your 6D Mark II (HERE) and install the latest version of EOS Utility listed for your computer's operating system (should be ver. 3.8.20).

Once the latest EOS Utility has been installed login to the Canon Image Gateway site (HERE). When your account homepage loads look for the "Add new Wi-Fi products" section. Click the option for adding a new product, and follow the instructions on the next page.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

New Contributor

Hi, I have V3.8.20 still the same "Failed to connect to Server" message.
New Contributor

Sorted! It is actually region dependent, In my Canon ID I changed my country to Hong Kong, registered the camera and changed back to UK. I now get 2 Image Gateways, one for EMEA and the other for Asia, double the storage capacity!