cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 630 (Film) will not turn on

Pinninvest
Apprentice

I have an old 35 mm (film)  EOS 630 that I have not used in years.  When I put a fresh battery in, the display does not activate and is blank, just like before I put the battery in.  The camer was working the last time I used it many years ago so I do not know why it is in hibrination.   I would appreciate any suggestions.  Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

I have a few old EOS film cameras and they always work even after years of not being used. 

Check to see if the battery contacts inside the camera may be dirty or corroded. Also, make sure the battery cover grip is properly installed because the camera will not turn on if the tightening screw is not all the way screwed in. 

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

I have a few old EOS film cameras and they always work even after years of not being used. 

Check to see if the battery contacts inside the camera may be dirty or corroded. Also, make sure the battery cover grip is properly installed because the camera will not turn on if the tightening screw is not all the way screwed in. 

Mike Sowsun

Thank you Mke - the solution was as simple as tigtening the screw all the way.  Very easy but I would have missed it if not for your answer    .Smiley Happy

Glad to help.  

Now that you have it working, there is one thing you should watch for.  This camera had a common fault where the backlighting on the top LCD screen would fail, and the failure causes the battery to drain rapidly, even when the camera is turned off. 

Check to see if the backlight works. If it doesn't work, or is flickering, it is a sign that your battery will drain. The best solution  is to pull out the battery when it is not being used. 

If you are handy, there is a wire under the bottom cover that can be cut to stop the LCD backlight battery drain. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxTsqx8E0Vw&feature=emb_logo&ab_channel=JasonKnight

bottomwires.jpg

Mike Sowsun
Announcements