cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 60 D

vijaykartha
Apprentice
I bought this camera  in Dubai ,UAE in 2010. I am using  it not very regularly. I have a flash which is Sigma EF-530DGST. Recently I used the flash on my EOS 60 D and  I saw a comment on the LCD screen when I selected External flash function setting "This menu cannot be displayed  Incompatible flash or flash's power is turned off. The flash was removed with the power on ." The same comment also appears for the external flash c.Fn setting as well. The comment does not go even after the camera has been turned off and even after two days and removing the flash. 

I would be obliged if you could advise me as what to be done as I cannot see the setting for the menu for external flash.

Thanks & regards
vijay
2 REPLIES 2

Ray-uk
Whiz

It could be a faulty flashgun or it could just be dirty contacts, try cleaning the contacts on the bottom of the flash foot and the ones in the flash shoe of the camera, a cloth dampened with some rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) or lighter fuel would be ideal.

The camera will keep displaying the message because this is the standard message you get when to try to adjust external flash settings with no flashgun attached.

Thank you 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements