cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5DS EXIF data and thumbnail previews not working in Windows Explorer

SEND2BASSEM
Apprentice

I have the EOS 5DS the issue is cant view thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer at any size and EXIF data is not showing too.

My computer is runing windows 10 and working an shows all EXIF data and thumbnail for my EOS 6D.
Is anyone got to fix this problem.

10 REPLIES 10

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What version of Windows?

Is Windows Media Player installed?

Does it work with other cameras?

JPEG or CR2 files?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

My computer is running windows 10 and working an shows all EXIF data and thumbnail for my EOS 6D, Microsoft codec is already installed.

If latest version of Microsoft codec doesn't support your camera you probably need to get a third-party product. You can google raw file codecs. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

@SEND2BASSEM wrote:
My computer is running windows 10 and working an shows all EXIF data and thumbnail for my EOS 6D, Microsoft codec is already installed.

My Windows 10 machine doesn't show the latest Canon cameras, like the M3.  Sometimes, I just use DPP for browsing.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Canon RAW Codec is software designed for owners of Canon mid- and high-range cameras who shoot in RAW. It adds support to Windows for CR2 image files which allows Windows Imaging Component (WIC) applications to import these files without extra software or plug-ins. Depending on the software you have running on your system for developing your digital photos, installation of the Canon RAW Codec may or may not be necessary.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I have never been able to find the Canon codec for anything later than 5D Mk III; plus, its only for 32-bit Windows.

Microsoft has a codec: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/microsoft-camera-codec-pa...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

If you can't get the correct MS codec try this one Adobe DNG Codec 2.0.  It should do the trick. Smiley Happy

EB

I believe the Adobe codec is only for viewing DNG files; I don't have it installed so I can't be sure.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend
If it doesn't I am out of suggestions. My Win 10 works with my stuff.
EB
Announcements