cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D mark III FPS drop

Lilchamp
Apprentice

Hello everyone,,,

I am having an issue with my 5D Mark III. When my batteries get down to 50%, my high-speed burst mode goes from 6FPS down to about 3FPS and will not exceed that until I put new batteries in. It's not like the batteries are dead as the camera clearly indicates that they have 50% of their life remaining. Buddy of mine thinks it's a battery efficiency problem, or he also thinks that it may be doing that because of a camera setting that requires is to drop in speed to maintain battery life. Checked the manual and the camera settings, No indication on why it's doing this. Any input is welcome. 

It's weird because it works just fine otherwise, but as soon as it hits exactly 50%, it drops instantly. I am using a battery grip with 2 batteries installed, so if anything it should help the camera out I would think. 

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello lilchamp, 

According to the manual, when the battery level is low, the continuous shooting speed may become slightly slower.  The camera may not always attain the full 6 frames per second, which depends on the battery level, shutter speed, flash use, brightness, lens etc.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"It's weird because it works just fine otherwise, ..."

Not really, sounds normal.  Consider a battery grip and shoot as fast as it can.  Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements