cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D Mark iv will not connect to printer MG8150 via wifi.

nilssonaskim
Apprentice

I have set up the camera for wifi connection to my printer ("simple").The Canon printer MG8150 finds the camera and I put in the password given by the camera, but the camera just remains in a "connecting" state. Has anybody a clue?

2 REPLIES 2

atlanticinkjet
Contributor

If so the wifi card/port on the printer is different from the LAN port, just because you configure the printer when on the LAN cable doesn't mean you can then just disconnect the cable and it will still operate

Usually on wifi printers there's a wizard you have to run through to connect to your internal wifi network so that the wifi card on the printer picks up an address...

Or are you simply talking about the laptop itself that can't connect to the printer when its still connected by cable to your router?

Atlantic Inkjet

@atlanticinkjet wrote:

If so the wifi card/port on the printer is different from the LAN port, just because you configure the printer when on the LAN cable doesn't mean you can then just disconnect the cable and it will still operate

Usually on wifi printers there's a wizard you have to run through to connect to your internal wifi network so that the wifi card on the printer picks up an address...

Or are you simply talking about the laptop itself that can't connect to the printer when its still connected by cable to your router?

There have been WiFi network drivers that would optionally shut down their connection if the computer's wired connection became active, but that's pretty rare nowadays. (Actually, I think it's fair to say that it's always been rare.) The reasons why it was thought to be a good idea are beyond the scope of this discussion, but they certainly don't apply if the WiFi connection is to a camera or printer. So it's at least worth checking to make sure that the option (if available) isn't set on the computer's WiFi interface in this case.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements