cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D Digital - Windows 10

e4Hats
Apprentice

Hi,

I replaced my old vista computer with windows 10 home 64-bit today. I usually use my camera for photo shooting with Adobe light room. So, communication is set Print/PTP on camera.

The issue is, windows 10 does detect my camera but driver looks not installed properly. I can confirm this under Device Manager.

When I change communication setting from Print/PTP to PC  connection, I can see my camera icon under My Computer and  camera looks installed properly on Device Manager too.

Please advise me.

Thank you,

David

2 REPLIES 2

ScottyP
Authority

I hate having to act like the I.T. Guy to make computer and camera work together. Avoid the problem by getting a card reader and pull the card out of the camera to upload pictures. Saves the camera battery too. Simple simple. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

e4Hats wrote:

Hi,

I replaced my old vista computer with windows 10 home 64-bit today. I usually use my camera for photo shooting with Adobe light room. So, communication is set PC connection on camera.

The issue is, windows 10 does detect my camera but driver looks not installed properly. I can confirm this under Device Manager.

When I change communication setting from PC  connection to Print/PTP, I can see my camera under My Computer.  The camera looks installed properly on Device Manager too.

Please advise me.

Thank you,

David

Leave the camera set to Print/PTP; that's the protocol that all modern operating systems use. The other setting is effectively obsolete, and recent cameras models don't even have the option. (I assume that yours is the old, original 5D; when it was built, the protocol issue hadn't been settled yet.)

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements