cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 30 D Err 99 Message

wirl45
Apprentice

I have a EOS 30 D that reads ERR 99...Shooting is not possible....I can get about a dozen more shots after I remove and put the battery back in, then the ERR 99 reappears...I have original Canon batteries....Any ideas of what to do....Thanks!

Bill

5 REPLIES 5

cicopo
Elite

If you're using an old battery that could be the problem, but if it's consistent with 2 or more batteries it's likely going to need a trip to Canon service. Here's the most concise info I know of about error 99.

http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2008/12/canons-error-99-the-man-the-myth

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Thanks Cicopo.....I am experienceing this with several batteries, but all are several years old...would it help to purchase a new battery?

Also, I use only Canon lenses per the article you provided...thanks again....

Battery chemistry is definately going to loose some of it's power over time so YES a newish battery is worth a try. The BP511 is a pretty common battery that's used in many Canon bodies so maybe you've got a friend who's using them that you could borrow from.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Thanks again....do I need an oem or can I use a knock-off?...I read the article you attached! 

I've used a few aftermaret replacements with good results. I did however get one (not a BP511 replacement) that had a bad cell from the get go. If you can't borrow I'd go that route.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements