cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 20D

Kk4mds
Apprentice

I have an old EOS 20D with old CF cards. What type of new cards can I use? What is the maximum GB that will work? And, before anybody suggests it, yes, I’ve got to consider getting a new camera. 😁

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

Hello Kk4mds, 

With a camera like the EOS 20D, the media cards are going to be limited to 8GB in size. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Tim
Authority

Hello Kk4mds, 

With a camera like the EOS 20D, the media cards are going to be limited to 8GB in size. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

@Kk4mds wrote:

I have an old EOS 20D with old CF cards. What type of new cards can I use? What is the maximum GB that will work? And, before anybody suggests it, yes, I’ve got to consider getting a new camera. 😁

Do you need higher capacity cards than you presently have, or are your old cards acting unpredictably?

I have a 1gb card and a 2gb card. Presumably the newer technology cards, such as class 10, would be faster.  I really just want to know what my options are for getting higher capacity cards. I see what appear to be the same make and type cards up to 64gb. A previous responder said 8gh max. 

I think you're likely to run into a situation where your camera won't be able to take advantage of using a higher speed rated card. It would be like putting 100+mph rated tires on a car that can only go 70mph. The tires alone won't make the car any faster.

If you need faster write speeds, say for something like video or high burst rate stills, you'll likely need a new(er) camera with a faster processor and appropriately fast memory cards.

I’m saving my nickels and dimes for an EOS 80d, and of course I must get permission form She Who Must be Obeyed. 😄

Thanks for for the info from all who responded. 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend
You need to use what your manual recommends.
EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements