Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 20D question....

windrider
Apprentice

I know it's not a spring chicken...

MY EXPOSURE COMPENSATION IS STUCK?

any mode besides Manual the exposure comp needle is centered and adjustable...

HOWEVER  in the Manual mode

the compensation is stuck at -2.0?

I've tried resettting the camera to defaults, and every possible way of adjusting it.  To no avail!

any one have any idea what I can do to correct this?

Second issue:

I can see dust in my images...  where can I get my lenses cleaned?

they are of canon manufacture...

thanks for your help...

13 REPLIES 13

@Benito wrote:

Hi Bob...

I follow careful the instruccition on http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eos20d/eos20d_firmware-e.html. I do in a Mac Mini and CF 256 MB. Even put the fir file inside DCIM folder an inside the 100 CANON. Ï mean try several options and the result was the same.

I imagine that the version differences is greater and try to find version betwen 1.0.6 and 2.0.3 but cannot find any.

May I do some wrong. Any idea?

Greetings.

I'm not familiar with the file system on the Mac. (The last time I had a Mac on my desk was about 25 years ago.) But putting the file inside the DCIM folder or the "100 Canon" folder would definitely be wrong in Windows. And usually any Canon firmware update will work if it's newer than the one in the camera. Probably you should call the Canon help desk. I don;t remember ever doing that, but those who have claim they're very helpful.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Hi Bob... I appreciate your disposition and help. Surely anybody know the answer and fix the problem.

Bye for now...

Hello Benito,

Thank you for reaching out to Canon USA, we're happy to help!

In reviewing the instructions for the firmware update procedure, you must first format your card in your camera. This means all your images will be erased:

Format a CF card

Use a formatted CF card for installing the new firmware ( 16MB or more, 2GB or less).

Be sure to carefully review the contents of the CF card before formatting. Insert the CF card into the EOS 20D, and turn on the Main Switch. Press "MENU" button and select the tools "Setup" menu. And then select "FORMAT" and then accept the confirmation to initialize the CF card.

You'll then need to insert the card into a card reader in your Macintosh and download the firmware update file.

Per the instructions:
*Copy the firmware update file "20D00203.fir" in the computer to the CF card.

*Please copy the firmware update file "20d00203.fir" to the root directory of the CF card. If the firmware update file is placed in a subfolder of the CF card, the EOS 20D will not see it.

For the full instructions, please click HERE.

If you find you need one-on-one help, and you're in the USA, please call our US-based support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) from 10am to 10pm (ET) during the week. If you're outside the USA, visit global.canon/en/support and select your country/region for support options.

We hope this helps! 

Benito
Apprentice

I have a old EOS 20D with 1.0.6 firmware version. How can I Update?. I try with 2.0.3 version but say me "update file cannot be found. Please check the memory card..."

Somebody know how to update to higher firmware version?

Thanks in advaced...

Announcements