cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 1Dx Mark II straight blue lines on images

Gerbes
Contributor

I'm experiencing a straight blue line about 10 pixels wide running across the image at around the first third. It seems the artifact happens when shooting in low light conditions with longer exposure. Anybody else with this problem or any clue how to fix it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks_A8I3377.jpg

Canon 1Dx Mark II, 6D and glass ...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

"You should let Canon take a look at the camera."

You should heed this and my advice instead of just fixing it in post. It is of little concern if you can fix it, if there is a problem with the sensor or its supporting electronics. Fixing after the fact is hardly a cure. Call Canon support. 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Yeah it is an easy fix but should it be there?  A one pixel wide vertical line is caused by a hot pixel. It then triggers the pixels next to it in the same line to get "hot" also. It seems to me as sensors get better they seem to be affected more and/or have more issues with hot pixels. However, a malfunction of a component on one of the circuit boards that is reading the image information output from the sensor can also cause this effect.

I believe a call to Canon is advised. 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Gerbes
Contributor
So I’m sending the camera to Canon, it’s the only way to know and fix the problem. Thank you all for your advice.
Canon 1Dx Mark II, 6D and glass ...
Announcements