cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 1Dx Mark II straight blue lines on images

Gerbes
Contributor

I'm experiencing a straight blue line about 10 pixels wide running across the image at around the first third. It seems the artifact happens when shooting in low light conditions with longer exposure. Anybody else with this problem or any clue how to fix it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks_A8I3377.jpg

Canon 1Dx Mark II, 6D and glass ...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

"You should let Canon take a look at the camera."

You should heed this and my advice instead of just fixing it in post. It is of little concern if you can fix it, if there is a problem with the sensor or its supporting electronics. Fixing after the fact is hardly a cure. Call Canon support. 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Peter
Authority
Authority

I may have a clue how to fix it but I will need a raw file. You have two lines down to the right corner also.

Have you checked all the other threads here with similar problem?

Thanks, I can fix the picture in post, that is not a problem. My question is why is this happening? I shot this frame at 200 ISO, high ISO speed NR is OFF. Exposure was 10 sec at f22. The night before I was shooting a panorama of the milky way, 15 sec at 1600 ISO and the line is on every frame making it usnusable. 

Hard to tell why. It happens with some cameras that use that sensor generation. I have sent you a PM. Hope you like it.

If you download the raw files, would you say it is the same problem? In that case it was very easy to correct it in post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/canon/comments/6qmf7e/green_band_fixedpattern_noise_in_photos_with/

Thanks for your pm, just sent you the CR2

@Gerbes wrote:

Thanks for your pm, just sent you the CR2

I think your image sensor has cancer.  You should let Canon take a look at the camera.  They can cure it before it gets worse.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks Peter, I' having a hard time finding those two lines, can you be more specific, thanks

"You should let Canon take a look at the camera."

You should heed this and my advice instead of just fixing it in post. It is of little concern if you can fix it, if there is a problem with the sensor or its supporting electronics. Fixing after the fact is hardly a cure. Call Canon support. 1 (800) 652-2666

EB

@ebiggs1 lol, I've been trying to call and it's not easy, the automatic system is broken, then the average response time is 45 minutes and there's chance the call is dropped while waiting, it happened twice so far. I've been hearing that spsce music for 2 hours now, is there a better time to get through?

WOW, I never had to wait that long.  I don't know what's up.  Try calling early in the morning on middle of the week days.  Not on Monday or Friday and not in the evening.

Maybe one of the mods can offer some advice about calling support! Smiley Happy

EB
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements