cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 1DX III firmware version 1.2

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

I updated my 1DX III body to firmware version 1.2 this morning and it went smoothly although it took a little longer than the first firmware update I did back in April. I had to go into my own memory banks to remember where I put the CF Express card reader before I could do the update because I always transfer files via its ethernet connector.

Like Windows, the percentage complete status bar has little bearing on the actual time with it moving swiftly through some areas and very slowly through others.  At the start it sits at 0 percent for a couple of minutes before starting to count up 1 percent at a time so don't be concerned if it appears to be doing nothing at first.  Midway through it starts flying and then the last 10 percent slows way down again.  Total time was under 10 minutes, I didn't time it because I was busy processing files in DPP.

I shot a few images just to make sure there were no obvious glitches and it worked fine.  The listed updates are mostly in areas I could care less about but some were potentially useful for what I do.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements