cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS-1D X Mirrorless - EOS-R Equivlent

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Just a rumor, but an interesting one for sure.

https://www.canonrumors.com/canon-to-announce-eos-1d-x-equivalent-eos-r-system-camera-in-2021/

Make sure it has an articulating screen if/when it comes guys!

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

33 REPLIES 33

Wadizzle wrote: "Except, Rodger, it only captures at video shutter speeds, 1/2000 or slower."

A cinema EOS body doesn't fit my needs but I find the low density, large sensor interesting.  As demand for tranditional cameras shrink, I could see a niche market for a camera built around such a sensor.  Production cost should be far lower than a high density sensor camera system (not just the sensor itself but all of the supporting hardware to handle the data) and Canon could come up with a very suitable low light camera for people who do deal with low light (i.e. lots of parents) who aren't willing to sink a ton of money into expensive bodies and a set of fast lens choices. 

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Getting down on the ground allows them to get closer and hide behind a camouflaged lens, too. I do not think sitting in a folding chair out in the open works well.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

As much as mirrorless doesn't appeal to me, articulating screens don't either.   Maybe less!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
“The D3x is one fantastic camera and the one you should have bought. It has more detail, better image quality, richer colors, more dynamic range than the D3. Plus it is a bit newer! It is one of my Nikon's I truly miss.”

The D3 was $800 and the D3x was $1400. They do have different sensors, but the same resolution. The biggest gain seemed to be video was added to the D3x.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements