cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS-1D X Mark II Introduced

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I just looked the specifications over for this camera.  It is a WOW.  It seems like it could outperform the EOS-1D C. 

All I know for sure is that the EOS-1D X is now selling at a several hundred dollar discount, plus it includes a PIXMA Pro-100, and a $350 rebate on top of it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
16 REPLIES 16

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Seems like Canon went for video at the expense of stills.  I wonder how that will pan out?

Check out D5 vs 1Dx Mk II specs. ...

Quite possibly it may pan out OK. The plain truth is that smaller and lighter  - but increasingly powerful - cameras like the 5D series are seriously encroaching on the 1D series's traditional turf. But in the video world the 1DX2 will be competing against cameras that are much more expensive and unwieldy. I know nothing (zero, zilch, ...) about videography, so consider the source. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if the 1DX2 did just fine in that competition.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Well I don't know how much video effects the ability to sell cameras.  But I guess it is best to cover all bases.  I, and my circle of friends, are not interested in video at all.  We are stills photographers.  We sell stills.  More power to'em, though.

Don't even think any 5 series equals or even comes close to equalling a 1 series.  There are more to a camera then just a spec or two.  After all a Rebel can take a fantastic picture but it ain't a 1Dx Mk II.

Once you go 1 series, you will never go back! Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

buffalobreath
Contributor

Will 1DX focusing screens work on the Mk II?  Thanks.

@buffalobreath wrote:

Will 1DX focusing screens work on the Mk II?  Thanks.

According to Canon USA the Ec-C6 focusing screen is the Standard Precision Matte screen that comes bundled with the EOS-1D X Mark II. The finer microlens structure provides optimum focusing for various scenes.

This appears to be a focus screen unique to the 1D X Mk II.

"Will 1DX focusing screens work on the Mk II?  Thanks."

Are you contemplating the purchase of a Mk II?

EB

Are you contemplating the purchase of a Mk II?

Yes

Smiley Very Happy

EB
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements