cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS-1D X Mark II Introduced

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I just looked the specifications over for this camera.  It is a WOW.  It seems like it could outperform the EOS-1D C. 

All I know for sure is that the EOS-1D X is now selling at a several hundred dollar discount, plus it includes a PIXMA Pro-100, and a $350 rebate on top of it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
16 REPLIES 16

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Seems like Canon went for video at the expense of stills.  I wonder how that will pan out?

Check out D5 vs 1Dx Mk II specs.

Video on a brand-N is a joke. Smiley Wink

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Being able to shoot 4K video seems to be a big talking/selling point.  Canon has been behind the curve.

Not any longer!

EB

They 1D X Mark II might prove to be the performance leader in 4K video on a DSLR, but Canon is still behind the curve when it comes to more affordable offerings.  The competition has less expensive offerings, but most seem to have issues with heat building up on the sensor, and then shutting things down till it cools off.

They lag behind the competition with 4K camcorders, too.  Judging from the recent sales and discounts I have seen lately, I expect them to come out with a new generation of consumer video gear real soon.

none

"... Canon has chosen to holdback instead of giving us what we really want."

All of us don't "really" want it.  After all it is a stills camera that does video.  It is not a video camera that does stills.

EB

@dgwarmyman wrote:

I think Canon is still behind the curve. I pre-ordered my 1DX Mark II from BHphoto on the second day after the announcement, and then Sony announces the a6300 a few days later with features that should be on the 1DX such as C-log and 4K hdmi output. I really hope Canon provides these features in a firmware update. It's a shame Canon has chosen to holdback instead of giving us what we really want.

Some Sony DSLRs, a7 for example, have been reported to have exhibited a tendency to quickly overheat  the sensor when in video mode.  It's been reported that you can get up to 10-15 minutes of video shooting time, and then you must shut it down for a few hours until the sensor completely cools.

As far as 4K HDMI output and whatnot goes, I'm with Ernie.  It's a camera first, and foremost, which happens to have the ability to shoot video.  I'm sure that space is tight inside of the camera body.  If I were the designer, I would give top shelf priority to taking photos, and let video be a complete after-thought.  Canon sells dedicated video products, anyway.

none

@dgwarmyman wrote:

First off, the overheating issues with the Sony cameras is related to internal recording. 

And that's supposed to make it better?

Announcements