cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 1100D Not turning on what so ever. Any Thoughts?

richardrenshaw
Apprentice

My camera is no longer turning on. I have tried switching between two fully charged batteries and nothing. I have also tried plugin it into the laptop and its not registering any device, or even the fact that there is a SD card. I have also re-installed the set up disk that came in the box, allong with running the trouble shooting cd that was in there, which just uninstalled everything that had just been installed on there. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

There are two micro switches which can prevent the camera from powering up if they are not engaged.

One is on the memory card door.  The other is on the battery door.

Inspect both... there's a tiny tab on each of these doors that presses the switch when the door is closed.  Make sure neither the tab nor switch are damaged.

There are other micro-switches on the camera but these are the only two that will preven the camera from powering up.

If both of those are fine then you'll need to contact Canon.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Your a Star. Im thinking that there is something wring with the battery one, as i have pushed with more force on the battery than i would do and it has seemed to do the trick. Cheers for that

Announcements