cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ENTERING NEW DIMENSION FIRST DIGITAL EOS BODY

monradon
Contributor

OLD FILM SHOOTER BITES THE DUST AND BUYS FIRST DIGITAL BODY!!!  CAUSE THIS SITE INFORMED HIM HIS LENS OFF HIS EOS 650 WILL FIT THIS  BODY ???? OLD AGE AND HEALTH AND BUDGET STOPPED HIM FROM HIS LOVE FOR PHOTOGRAPHY  Man Happy  HELPED OUT AND TAUGHT 4-H PHOTO FOR MORE YEARS THAN I CAN COUNT . NEVER LEARNED HOW TO SAY NOOOOOOO !!!!! SO THANK YOU GUYS & GALS FOR THE GUIDANCE WILL BOTHER ALOT OF YOU  Smiley Happy

6 REPLIES 6

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Congratulations!  I moved from a 650 to a 1DM2 (after a brief stop with an early 3.1 megapixel digital Kodak "point and shoot" in 1999 because I didn't want to take a SLR on a quick trip to Cuba).

You will enjoy the new experience while applying the years of knowledge from your film days.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

@wq9nsc wrote:

Congratulations!  I moved from a 650 to a 1DM2 (after a brief stop with an early 3.1 megapixel digital Kodak "point and shoot" in 1999 because I didn't want to take a SLR on a quick trip to Cuba).

You will enjoy the new experience while applying the years of knowledge from your film days.

Rodger

The OP's post made me think a bit about my own situation. The plain truth is that when I entered the digital age, my background as a computer programmer was every bit as useful to me as my experience as a film shooter. YMMV, of course.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Cuba ??   In the first digital years didnt like the quality 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Which body and lenses?  Let’s discuss some Canon gear.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle  I have been a die hard Canon nut from the dark ages !!  My trouble back then was my budget wasnt keeping up with my shooting film .  I was one of those guys that would get up at the odd wee hours in the worst weather for a certain shot .When digital cameras first came out really didn't like the quality so kind of let my shooting die out.  When i found out a couple of days ago that the 650 lens would work on a digital body my interest really woke up again so my first Canon T3i which got a good reviews and i are going to play !!!!

Man Happy Go make some pictures!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements