Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

ENTERING NEW DIMENSION FIRST DIGITAL EOS BODY

OLD FILM SHOOTER BITES THE DUST AND BUYS FIRST DIGITAL BODY!!!  CAUSE THIS SITE INFORMED HIM HIS LENS OFF HIS EOS 650 WILL FIT THIS  BODY ???? OLD AGE AND HEALTH AND BUDGET STOPPED HIM FROM HIS LOVE FOR PHOTOGRAPHY  Man Happy  HELPED OUT AND TAUGHT 4-H PHOTO FOR MORE YEARS THAN I CAN COUNT . NEVER LEARNED HOW TO SAY NOOOOOOO !!!!! SO THANK YOU GUYS & GALS FOR THE GUIDANCE WILL BOTHER ALOT OF YOU  Smiley Happy

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reputable Contributor

Re: ENTERING NEW DIMENSION FIRST DIGITAL EOS BODY

Congratulations!  I moved from a 650 to a 1DM2 (after a brief stop with an early 3.1 megapixel digital Kodak "point and shoot" in 1999 because I didn't want to take a SLR on a quick trip to Cuba).

You will enjoy the new experience while applying the years of knowledge from your film days.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M2, 1DX, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
VIP

Which body and lenses?  Let’s discuss some Canon gear.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@wq9nsc wrote:

Congratulations!  I moved from a 650 to a 1DM2 (after a brief stop with an early 3.1 megapixel digital Kodak "point and shoot" in 1999 because I didn't want to take a SLR on a quick trip to Cuba).

You will enjoy the new experience while applying the years of knowledge from your film days.

Rodger

The OP's post made me think a bit about my own situation. The plain truth is that when I entered the digital age, my background as a computer programmer was every bit as useful to me as my experience as a film shooter. YMMV, of course.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Occasional Contributor

Cuba ??   In the first digital years didnt like the quality 

Occasional Contributor

Waddizzle  I have been a die hard Canon nut from the dark ages !!  My trouble back then was my budget wasnt keeping up with my shooting film .  I was one of those guys that would get up at the odd wee hours in the worst weather for a certain shot .When digital cameras first came out really didn't like the quality so kind of let my shooting die out.  When i found out a couple of days ago that the 650 lens would work on a digital body my interest really woke up again so my first Canon T3i which got a good reviews and i are going to play !!!!

VIP

Man Happy Go make some pictures!

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, even less and less other stuff.