cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EF-S Lens on a Canon EOS 6D

chomp
Contributor

Good Day All,

This may sound like a wee bit of a silly question,,, but here goes.

I have a Canon EOS T5I with a EF-S 18-135 (kit) lens.

I have been thinking of upgrading to a Canon EOS 6D.

My question, is there any way I can get the EF-S 18-135 lens to work on the EOS 6D?

Or is there another full frame Canon that I could get?

Thanks All

Chomp

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cicopo
Elite

The entire series of EF-S lenses & the 3rd party versions are all designed for a smaller sensor than a full frame body uses. This prevents them from covering the full sensor with light at some part of their range. At one end of a zooms range you will get a circular image (like shooting through a pipe) but at the other end you will get a decent image. The Canon EF-S lenses also have been built so that in most cases they will not mount to a full frame body.  

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

cicopo
Elite

The entire series of EF-S lenses & the 3rd party versions are all designed for a smaller sensor than a full frame body uses. This prevents them from covering the full sensor with light at some part of their range. At one end of a zooms range you will get a circular image (like shooting through a pipe) but at the other end you will get a decent image. The Canon EF-S lenses also have been built so that in most cases they will not mount to a full frame body.  

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Thanks cicopo.... Not the answer I was looking for, but....such is life. May I will just keep the T5I as a backup.

Thanks again

Chomp 

Announcements