cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped my EOS 5DM3. It has a crack

Yauco1977
Contributor

Dropped the camera and now it has a crack about one inch long next to the "Canon" logo and below the flash attachment. The camera is working fine but I am gong to send it to Canon for a check. My question is, Any concern that humidity might buit inside the camera because the crack if I decide not to fix it?

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Cracks in the body are not good.  I would get it repaired.  Use your best judgement.  If Canon repairs it, they will give the camera a thorough going over.  The camera should seem as good as new when you get it back.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I'm not sure how they could repair a cracked magnesium body short of replacing it.  Maybe I'm wrong. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Any concern that humidity might buit inside the camera because the crack if I decide not to fix it?"

Now both of us know it has to be fixed.  Don't we?  It is too nice and expensive of a camera to not repair it.  It isn't going to be cheap to fix.  I will assure you that humidity is not the only thing that will get in where it shouldn't be.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Yauco1977
Contributor
hope this repair is not too expensive. Thanks everybody for your feedback
Announcements