cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does spending more mean getting less?

Cindy-Clicks
Enthusiast

Unlike a lot of my colleagues in the field, I stayed with my T3i until I proved myself worthy of an upgrade.  But now that I decided to get a "better" camera, I am finding that spending more money means I am getting less performance.  Why is that?   I decided to buy a Pentax K-3, but eventually returned it because it did not give me the flexibilty I wanted.  I decided to put off buying another crop sensor camera for now, so I bought a 6D with a 100mm Macro L-glass lens.  My old T3i with a Tamron 28-300 zoom still produces much better images under the same conditions. What gives?

IMG_tulip1jpg.jpg_MG_tulip.jpg

104 REPLIES 104

Cindy I think it is supurb someone like you is embracing advanced technology. Winning international awards you must be so proud. I for one would love to see the works which were awarded these wonderful life thrilling moments. Could you please direct me to a site where they may be viewed so i may enjoy your accomplishments.

Thankyou.

They are at IGPOTY.COM  I won second place in the most recent monochrome category and I won a highly commended award in the Beauty of Plants.  International Garden Photographer of the Year.  The contest is based in England.  

So if I didn't "prove" that what I said was true, I apparently would have been written off as a troll.  Is that it?  Well what I may lack in technical ability I make up for in composition.  I have always said that if you don't have a good eye, the most expensive equipment isn't going to help you.  These days it isn't enough to use the camera skillfully, you have to also be good at photoshop.

But I'm still trying to get some help with the autofocus.  I think it may be a problem with the lens.  Gotta wait til Monday now to make yet another trip to the camera store.   

If you think there are no world famous female wildlife photographers, you need to get out more.  Smiley Surprised

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I found only one women who had worked for National Geographic.  I am talking about the ones who really made it to the top.  I know there are a handful that are doing it but they haven't gotten the same attention as the men, who definitely outnumber them, but I am hoping this is changing. 

Men may out number females in photography, I really doubt it, because there are hundreds.  You just need to look.

My goodness you are a head strong person.  Try some of the suggestions you have recieved and do a search for female wildlife photographers.  Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Ok, I found 4 female wildlife photographers in the US.

https://www.joshuacripps.com/2012/09/women-photographers/

Ms. Cindy, You have an excellent eye for photography. Thank you for sharing your work.

@Cindy-Clicks wrote:

I am talking about the ones who really made it to the top.

Being internationally recognized by International Garden Photographer of the Year isn't making it to the top?

I have been told that you need to win a lot of international competitions to make it to the top.  I don't see anyone pounding on  my door...yet.   

But I must say that I feel I have finally turned the corner with the 6D.  I am liking it very much.  Yes the Macro is a bit more persnickity than my old zoom, but I will adjust.  What I didn't realize is that my old 28-300 works on the 6D and it is wonderful.  I just need to get it sent back to Tamron to get refurbished.  I wish Canon made a super zoom for the full frame that could be as lightweight as the Tamron.  

Announcements