cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone shoot with the 10x zoom in live view?

pyaar
Apprentice

Just spent a crazy number of hours calibrating my Tamron 45mm VC at 3 distances (mfd, standard distance and infinity. So glad Tamron has this feature. I usually just use Reikan but I was getting weird results so I did it manually using 10x zoom liveview as my "control" for comparison on my 6D.

Jeez 10x zoom liveview is so accurate compared to the viewfinder. It's convincing me to switch over to mirrorless (I think you can change the size of the AF point in the EVF in the EOS R).

Does anyone shoot with the 10x zoom in live view regularly?

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
No. I use the viewfinder, where I get faster auto focusing.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Only on a tripod which is about 1% of my shooting. You can't frame at 10X.

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

From a stabilization point of view I prefer to have three points of contact between me and the camera - same principle as a tripod...  So holding the camera to my eye (with the viewfinder) and tucking my elbows in tight has always provided a relatively stable platform for me.  The longer the telephoto the greater the potential for camera shake holding the camera at a distance to the face with just two support points (as in a cell phone).

To me it's straight physics.  But to each their own.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements