cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you remember Canon EOS 5D?

gj4u
Apprentice

10 years ago - what kind of music we were listening to, what kind of games played and watched movies, when there was a Canon EOS 5D, which became the beginning of the famous line Canon EOS 5D - Canon EOS 5D Mark II - Canon EOS 5D Mark III. Remembering camera and time

3 REPLIES 3

Janekong
Enthusiast
Nice video!

@gj4u wrote:

10 years ago - what kind of music we were listening to, what kind of games played and watched movies, when there was a Canon EOS 5D, which became the beginning of the famous line Canon EOS 5D - Canon EOS 5D Mark II - Canon EOS 5D Mark III. Remembering camera and time

[video omitted] 

I attended a family wedding in Philadelphia in 2007. The event photographer was using a large Canon camera, which I took to be a 1D Mark II. Turned out it was a 5D with a battery grip.

That trip included my first visit to Canon's repair shop in Jamesburg, New Jersey. About a week earlier I had bricked my wife's XTi (we each had one) by not quite following the instructions for a firmware upgrade. I didn't think there was time to ship the camera both ways before we left for Philadelphia, and my wife wanted it for the wedding. So I called Jamesburg and arranged to pick it up on our way down. The Canon service people were extremely cooperative, and the camera was waiting. They even fixed it free under warranty.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

1 series don't have a dial.  This was to decrease the accidential and unwanted changes that did occur with a 5D or 5D Mk II for that matter.

I sold my 5D a long time ago for a 5D Mk II (sold it) and later a 5D Mk III (sold it).  Funny in my professional life I used less than pro cameras and now I only have 1 series cameras!

The 5D was/is a great portrait camera.  It and the original 1D just do portraits right.  Hmmm.....Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements