cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display brightness and RGB histograms at the same time on 7D MII

LJames704
Contributor

How do I display the brightness and RGB histograms on the LCD display at the same time during playback on the 7D MII.  Page 358 of the PDF user manual shows a graphic of the two together under Lens/Histogram information,but I have only been able to display one or the other, not both.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found the answer.  It takes a combination of the Info button and the Multi-controller button to display both histograms.  In play back mode press the info button until the image and the histogram selected in the Play3 menu appear side-by-side, then use the multi-controller button(up/dn) to cycle to the other histogram. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

On 1D Mark IV it happens by cycling the Info button. Try that.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the reply John.

I have tried that option already and it only displays on e of the histograms.  There is a menu option in the Play3 menu called Histogram disp(I assume display) it provides 2 options: Brightness or RGB.  There is not option for both, however the same histogram option is available in my 7D and it does display both histograms when i cycle through the Info button.  Maybe there is a custom function that affects that I have not noticed that controls or trumps the menu function.  I will search through CF to see what I can find.

I found the answer.  It takes a combination of the Info button and the Multi-controller button to display both histograms.  In play back mode press the info button until the image and the histogram selected in the Play3 menu appear side-by-side, then use the multi-controller button(up/dn) to cycle to the other histogram. 

Announcements