cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable touch screen on EOS M2

abhijitme
Apprentice

My Canon EOS M2 touch screen has been malfucntioning lately. There are random touches all around the screen. It looks like the digitizer is damaged. Is there a way to permanently disable the touch screen. I can access almost all of the camera functions without the touch screen. I was also considering opening the camera and disconnectiong the digitizer if possible. But I would like to know if there are any shortcuts available to disable the touch screen feature through the software.

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@abhijitme wrote:

My Canon EOS M2 touch screen has been malfucntioning lately. There are random touches all around the screen. It looks like the digitizer is damaged. Is there a way to permanently disable the touch screen. I can access almost all of the camera functions without the touch screen. I was also considering opening the camera and disconnectiong the digitizer if possible. But I would like to know if there are any shortcuts available to disable the touch screen feature through the software.

Have you gone into the menus to check if the touch screen can be disabled?  I am certain there is setting to not only adjust the sensitivity, but to also disable the touch screen entirely.

BTW, A dirty touch screen can register false hits, due to the light being distorted by foreign objects.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I have already checked the menus. Unlike the EOS DSLRs, there is only 'Standard' and 'Sensitive'. However over the past 2 days, the frequency of random clicks have decreased. Any suggestions?

@abhijitme wrote:

I have already checked the menus. Unlike the EOS DSLRs, there is only 'Standard' and 'Sensitive'. However over the past 2 days, the frequency of random clicks have decreased. Any suggestions?

Clean your LCD screen.  I can disable the touch screen in my M3.  I see no reason why disable is not available in your camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements