cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail Set

digital
Rising Star

Sub menus located in the Custom Controls for AF-ON and * buttons. What a great feature. Canon.  I can program the AF Start posiition, case numbers, AF operation and selecion mode. Why can't you add a few more customising menus. Ever since I got my 7D2 when it was released I have been mentioning this here (it has beem a while) and on multiple forums hoping someone from Canon might read about it.

It would ne nice to have Drive Mode availble as well. I could leave it on One Shot and use the shutter button and then when I switch to BBF it could switch to High Speed Continous or whatever I wish. Just got my 5D4 and I wish it had it.

I know there are other ways to do this and this is not a help request. Just wondering how to get someones attention at Canon. It would be nice to see with a new FW update. A few other things off the Q screen like metering would be nice as well. Can't be that hard add that.                             

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

"It would ne nice to have Drive Mode availble as well. I could leave it on One Shot and use the shutter button and then when I switch to BBF it could switch to High Speed Continous or whatever I wish. Just got my 5D4 and I wish it had it."

Drive Mode?  Look at the 1D Series of camera bodies.  With a single button push you can use the main wheel to

• Adjust ISO
  • Adjust Aperture
  • Adjust Shutter Speed, of course.
  • Set Drive Mode
  • Set M, P, Av, Tv, or B shooting modes
  • Set One Shot or AI Servo
  • Set Metering Mode
  • Set Exposure Compensation
  • Set Flash Exposure CompensatioN

There's other stuff you can change with a button press, or two, like changing up how stuff is recorded to memory cards.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Cool. Well I just shelled a lot out for the 5D4. No D1 series for me in the near future.  

@digital wrote:

Cool. Well I just shelled a lot out for the 5D4. No D1 series for me in the near future.  

There should be a "Drive Mode" button adjacent to the small LCD screen on the top panel.

There is but I still have to go in an press it. I'm hoping for more automation. 

@digital wrote:

There is but I still have to go in an press it. I'm hoping for more automation. 

Exactly.  You're gonna have to press it, and turn the Main Wheel to make the adjustment.  That's how all of the adjustments are made.  Press a button, and turn the Main Wheel.  I don't know how much more automated you can get short of telepathy, or using The Force.

That is why I started this thread. I'm hoping Canon listens and realizes what a great idea it would be to add Drive Mode to the Detail Set. Currently I just leave the Drive on High Speed Continous which is minor irritant. When I use the shutter sometimes I get 2 or 3 exposures when I don't want them.

If I want to switch to One Shot I find it easier via the Q screen but not having to would be even better. If Canon added all those great feartures to the Detail Set why not one more Smiley Happy                               

@digital wrote:

That is why I started this thread. I'm hoping Canon listens and realizes what a great idea it would be to add Drive Mode to the Detail Set. Currently I just leave the Drive on High Speed Continous which is minor irritant. When I use the shutter sometimes I get 2 or 3 exposures when I don't want them.

If I want to switch to One Shot I find it easier via the Q screen but not having to would be even better. If Canon added all those great feartures to the Detail Set why not one more Smiley Happy                               

What exactly is a "detail set"? 

I have assumed that you have been referring to registering shooting settings, which save the Drive Mode as part of shooting functions.  Now, I am not so sure what you might mean, anymore.

[EDIT]  I suspect the camera can probably do what you seem to want, but just not in the way that you might expect.

Are you aware of the Detail Set sub menus in Custom Controls when you are prograning the AF-ON and * buttons?   

Announcements