cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Old WIFI Computer Connection

kenstjohn
Contributor

Have a 6D2 and have used the WiFi function for several years to transfer images to my desktop (an iMac).  That iMac was recently replaced with a MacBook Air (M1).  I added the Air with no problem and that connection functions perfectly.

However, my old iMac still shows up on the camera's screen, along with the Air, as an availlable connection.  How do I delete that connection?

I have looked through the maual and can't seem to find anything about this process.

Thanks in advance!!

Ken

Livin' in the Great Northwest!!
Canon 6D Mk II, 24-105 f4, 70-200 f4
4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

When you first enter the Wireless Communication Settings submenu, there is an option to "Clear All Settings" at the bottom of the screen.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hmmmm, that clears all the settings and I'd have to re-add in the new Air and my phone.

Thanks ... that's more info than my manual has!!

Ken

kenstjohn
Contributor
Well ... I finally figured it out ... and it's not necessarily "clear."

As I poked around, on the screen where the connections are listed, there's an arrow on the right side of the screen. That goes to the page to ADD a device. Turns out under the add computer sub-menu, is a listing of the current connections. There's also an option to edit settings. Hidden there is the option to delete one of the computers!!

OK ... let's see ... we go to ADD computer, Edit and then there's the option to delete!! Not so very clearcut!!

Thanks for looking.

Ken

@kenstjohn wrote:
Well ... I finally figured it out ... and it's not necessarily "clear."

OK ... let's see ... we go to ADD computer, Edit and then there's the option to delete!! Not so very clearcut!!

Ken

Sounds a little like Windows PCs from a few years ago. If you wanted to shut off your computer, the first thing you did was click the "START" button. Robot Frustrated But of course the process soon became second nature. Robot wink

Announcements