Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
VIP

Re: Dark images in Manual mode with 2 Broncolor strobes

" Of course that leaves open the question of why it sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't." 

Of course.  What randomly occuring event is making the difference?  My guess is lighting.  I would be very interested in knowing the exposure settings in the two sample pictures, as well as the camera and flash modes that were used.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Respected Contributor

Re: Dark images in Manual mode with 2 Broncolor strobes

I'm a little puzzled here.  If you set everything to manual with fixed flash power, fixed Av, Tv and ISO and I assume your strobes can't do ETTL...wouldn't it get darker when you move further away from the flash source?  Light loss is distance squared, right  ?(double the distance, 4 times the flash power).  If your flash can do ETTL, I guess it did not have enough power for the distance you had.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr