cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark Grey Lines Using Silent Mode On Canon EOS M50

befree293
Apprentice

Hi,

There's a strange thing happening with my camera, but only on the Silent Mode. When I take a shot there are these lines on the image. I've attached a couple of pictures. Does anyone know how to fix it?

ThanksIMG_0724.jpgIMG_0724.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

It looks to be light flicker. Notice that it only shows up inside the building with the speaker image.

Does the M50 have anti-flicker?

It's in both images.  Though the first one is an indoor shot as well, so definitely could still be tied to LED/CFL refresh timing.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

No it doesn't.

Yes, I see it on his arm now.

Nearly every mirrorless camera that has a silent shutter seems to suffer from banding.  I would be curious to know what AF mode, One Shot or AI Servo, you were using.  And, whether or not it is worse in one AF mode compared to the other.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The silent mode doesn't have as many settings as the other modes(AV, TV, etc). The AF options in this mode are Face recognition and tracking, Zone, and 1 point. The banding seems to be pretty much the same across all three modes. I'm only able to test it right now in one indoor lighting environment though.

Now that I know that it's called banding it does appear that there is no solution to it, besides using a different mode with the shutter sound.

Announcements