Legend
Legend

Maybe you will like these better.  I try to please! Smiley Happy

_D4_9792.jpg

_D4_9797.jpg

_D4_9806.jpg

_D4_9809.jpg

_D4_9812.jpg

All with my best of class, 1.3 body the EOS 1D Mk IV.  Birders favorite camera!  I love this camera. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
150 REPLIES 150

These pics are a few I took at yesterday's Jazz Fest.

Not bad, pretty good I'd say.

You might want to make sure you keep your horizions straight.  It is a big rookie mistake and easily spotted instantly by viewers.  It is always good to try and keep lines straight that are supposed to be straight.  A little work on composition and you'er gonna by fine.

BTW, I don't know what strap you are considering but never, never, never, never attach it to the camera.  Always go with the lens.  The big white anything lens is too heavy.  Was that clear?  Especially on a 60D as you will rip the mount right out of the body and it will be virtually unrepairable.

Actually, I try to keep my gear inconspicuious because of onlookers that may think they want it more than I.  That would be a mistake on their part as I am not willing to let it go easily.  I am capable of defending it.  You learn over the years.

EB

It rained here, again but that offers a whole new world of oppertunity.  This is the EF 50mm f1.2L.  Hard to use?  Not really.

_DS38111.jpg

EB

Another really nice one.  Your pics always are nice. 

I posted mine for your opinions and suggestions you think I can use to do better.  Never fear offending me about my pics.  If they're bad I need to know.  The truth will set us free, even though it may not feel so good sometimes.  I'll never get mad at you for telling me the truth.

@ebiggs1 wrote:

You might want to make sure you keep your horizions straight.  It is a big rookie mistake and easily spotted instantly by viewers.  It is always good to try and keep lines straight that are supposed to be straight.  A little work on composition and you'er gonna by fine.

Incidentally, Kareem, you'll find that it's often easier to adjust the rotation of a shot by lining up a vertical (the edge of a building, for example) than by trying to line up the horizon itself. Perspective effects can make horizons, especially shorelines, diverge from horizontal, while verticals are seldom long enough for perspective to be much of an issue. Pick a vertical as close to the middle of the picture as possible, to minimize the effects of wide-angle distortion (which does affect verticals),

BTW, I don't know what strap you are considering but never, never, never, never attach it to the camera.  Always go with the lens.  The big white anything lens is too heavy.  Was that clear?  Especially on a 60D as you will rip the mount right out of the body and it will be virtually unrepairable.

That advice is correct if the connection is to a tripod, since a heavy lens supported by the camera would exert a significant torque on the lens mount. But if the camera is supported only by a strap attached at the two attachment points provided, the heavy lens will merely make the camera dangle with the lens pointing downwards. The weight of the lens is absorbed by the lens mount; but since there's almost no torque involved, it's a load the mount is designed to take.

Actually, I try to keep my gear inconspicuious because of onlookers that may think they want it more than I.  That would be a mistake on their part as I am not willing to let it go easily.  I am capable of defending it.  You learn over the years.

I don't doubt it, but keep in mind that, like the rest of us, you aren't getting any younger. What you could do to a wannabe thief twenty years ago may not be matched by what you could do to him today.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Hey bob thanks for your imput.  What I said to Obiwan about telling me the truth applies to you to.  I also trust your judgement and knowledge in photography.  see my comments to biggs.

I'll try to frame up my shots better, thanks for the tip.  I'll talk to some of my club members this week about this when we meet for a class on composition.  One of the oraganizers for this event is a pro and owns a photo studio.

Biggs did'nt say to not connect my sling to a tripod. he said not to the tripod mount on my camera.  That blew me out the water, never heard that one before.  My sling is specifically made to attach to the camera tripod mount.  Why would they make it if it's dangerous???   And why would anyone buy one if it'

s not good for our camera????     And why would I connect my sling to my tripod???   It's made to attach to the camera tripod mount.  You and Obiwan got me confused now  Cat Frustrated   Would'nt the camera/lens weight be the same with the camera attached to the sling at the 2 corner hooks or the camera tripod mount???   I'm not arguing with you guys, I'm trying to understand what you're trying to tell me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob from Boston,

"I don't doubt it, but keep in mind that, like the rest of us, you aren't getting any younger. What you could do to a wannabe thief twenty years ago may not be matched by what you could do to him today."

This is Kansas not Massachusett,  we have 'ways'.  It doesn't matter the age. 

EB

"I see you have'nt run into any "real" thugs in years."

God made man, Colt made them equal.

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"I see you have'nt run into any "real" thugs in years."

God made man, Colt made them equal.

Then you already have taken my CCW permit suggestion....Good  Smiley Wink

You might want to make sure you keep your horizions straight.  It is a big rookie mistake and easily spotted instantly by viewers.  It is always good to try and keep lines straight that are supposed to be straight.  A little work on composition and you'er gonna by fine

That's a nice comment coming from you.   I know my lines have been off, I'm trying to work on that, not sure why I keep doing it.  My lines seem to be lower on my right side. of my pics  I've noticed Obiwan, just can't seem to correct every shot.  I even did a few shots lopsided today, even with me trying not to.  I've been thinking it may be either barrel, cusion distortion or both.  I do see barrel distortion I think, sometimes, but mostly at the widest angle range (18 or 24mm)  18mm with the 18-200mm and 24mm with the 24-105mmL.  I'm hoping to learn how to correct these things in post ed if i can. 

BTW, I don't know what strap you are considering but never, never, never, never attach it to the camera.  Always go with the lens.  The big white anything lens is too heavy.  Was that clear?  Especially on a 60D as you will rip the mount right out of the body and it will be virtually unrepairable

1st time I've heard that.  All the peeps I know that use a sling strap, use it attached to the camera tripod mount.  I always have.....always attached my sling to my camera tripod mount with all my lens, it's a case logic.  Ok, now what???   Do I go back to using my neck strap???   I don't have any sling/strap attachments for my lens.  I don't have any lens collars.   Ok, what do I do now????

I see you have'nt run into any "real" thugs in years.  You must live around a nice area.   Real thieves would spot that a mile away.  I suggest you take a different course for self defense Obiwan.  That will niether fool any determined thieves, nor stop them from trying you.  Your best bet is to keep your gear in plain sight (but secure) and put on your best game face.  If they think you have no fear, and will not give up your gear without a fight, your chances of being left alone are much greater.  Punks sense fear and one feeling intimidated right away and they may mark you as a target.  Covering your gear with the jacket may suggest fear to some.   My only other suggestion if it worries you, is get a CCW permit.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements