cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP and EOS Utility update without CD?

tcphoto
Apprentice

I have lost the software CD for my 5DII and am trying to update my software. There are a couple of posts on other forums that claim to have a workaround but I have not been able to successfully update. Has anyone else had this problem?

7 REPLIES 7

hsbn
Whiz
You don't need the CD to update the software. Unless you have never installed DPP or EOS Utility into this computer before. Then you have to do the work-around by changing the registry on windows. If you have installed the software already, just want to update then you can go to Canon website to download the latest version.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

I did just that and when you launch the installer, it asks you to put the Canon CD in your optical drive. I have DPP 3.12.41 installed and want to install the newer version on my Mac.

It should not ask for the CD. However, there is a work around method for MAC since Canon just changed the installation packages, here is the link you can follow: http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/article_pages/install_canon_software.html
Pull down to the section "The Latest Mac DPP Install workaround [DPP 3.11.26 Apr 2012]"
However, even the article says that it should not ask you for the CD if you have the full version installed already.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

That is where I have been reading about the workaround. I have copied the installer, opened content and am not allowed to trash the info.datx file. I'm tired of spending so much time on this and will go to Lightroom 4 for an easier experience. I guess free does not mean a trouble free experience.

IMHO, Light Room 4.4 is way much better then DPP. Although not free, LR is worth it.

I have no idea how to solve your DPP issues but a call to Canon should correct that.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@tcphoto wrote:

(...)

I have copied the installer, opened content and am not allowed to trash the info.datx file.

(...)

You might need administrator level permission.

Canon software is free, doesn't have many features that other applications have, but also has some benefits that others don't, like specific lens & camera functions.

It's worth having it working fine.

Regards

HD Cam Team
Group of photographers and filmmakers using Canon cameras for serious purposes.
www.hdcamteam.com | www.twitter.com/HDCamTeam | www.facebook.com/HDCamTeam

Hi, 

Just upgraded to the Macbook Pro Retina and found this string while trying to install EOS Utility.  Talked to the folks at CPS and there is a straightforward answer.  The upgrades for Mavericks aren't out yet.  If you go to the page for your camera (mine is http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/eos_slr_camera_systems/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_6d...

Use the pulldown to set your OS back to Mountain Lion, and download the full "EOS Digital Solutions Disk Software 28.2.

That worked for me.

Kevin

Announcements