cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D1 Mark III firmware 1.3.2, Using EOS utility Liveview.

jclang
Contributor

I cannot get the computer screen shutter button to take the photo. I can get the preview to come up but then I have to close it and physically push the shutter. Also when I try to use fast view a box pops up saying it is bussy. The instructions say you should be able to do this from the computer. Using EOS utility. Any help would be appreciated, solutions would be better.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I will be gone for the rest of the evening but if you have more questions go ahead and reply as I may be able to get back on a few times in the next day or so.

Have a wonderful holiday season.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Mykolas
Authority

Hi jclang!

Thanks for posting.

To help both myself and the community determine what is causing this, we need some additional information from you.

1. What version of EOS Utility are you running?
  2. What operating system are you running on your computer?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

EOS 2.13.20.0 with MS Win 8.0/8.1

jclang,

There is a slightly newer version of EOS Utility available.  I recommend you try installing the update to it to see if that helps.  Click HERE to go to the download page.

Do you have any devices connected to your computer other than the camera, such as printers, webcams or external hard drives?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

OK, I have attempted to avoid a dissertation but: I have updated the EOS to 40 and get the following.

1. click on live view, the mirror locks up and I get an image on the computer screen. In the lower left corner there are icons: round button and camera. If I click on the round button a border around the image screen lights up white/cream. That is it. If the click on the camera icon nothing. 2. If I cancel the live view and click on “test” a new screen comes up and a warning notice “busy”. 3. If I close that and click on the black button, upper right, in the EOS display nothing. I can however change shutter speed and f stops. There does not seem to be a way to activate the camera from computer screen. 4. the camera is set to live screen and grid. Are there any other settings I should be changing. I have check in the manuals and there does not seem to be anything else but I could have missed some small item. Thanks for the update somehow I missed that. Am I using the latest firmware?  

There is nothing else attached to this computer excerpt the wifi network, its sole function is recording photos.

I am going to jump in here but you have me a little confused? I know surprised... Huh? Smiley Surprised

At any rate first off, that other camera company puts the "D" first. A Canon is a 1D Mk III. Anyway enough of that, are you trying to shoot stills or video???? Are you not certain it is not recording images when the "busy" tag comes on?

EB

You do know that you can not operate the camera when the Live View window is displayed?

EB

jclang,

We have just tested your configuration on our own computers, changed firmware, and used both Live View and normal remote shooting and we were still unable to duplicate the issue you are experiencing.

I am sorry to continue to ask for more information, but hopefully this will help us as we continue to look into what is causing this.

1. Have you tried connecting the camera with EOS Utility on a different computer?
  2. If you switch the lens on the camera to MF (Manual Focus), are you able to take a picture successfully in the remote shooting window?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Thanks for the many comments, I turn on the computer, turn on the camera using the AC adapter. I then plug the USB cord into the computer. The computer recognizes the camera and the EOS first screen comes up asking “what do you want to do”, I click operate “camera”. Then up comes what I call the EOS screen its about 3 inches wide, has camera settings on top and you work your way down to three choices live view, test screen and something else. I click on live view and the camera mirror locks up and I get the image on the computer screen, in real time. I then do my focus adjustment,, set my shutter, and f stop via the computer. That where the computer assist seems to stop. Yes, I do know that I have to close the live view. I then try to use what looks like a shutter button on the computer screen and nothing happens. I can click the shutter manually and two things happen. I have registered Photoshop to receive the photos. Photoshop which is already open, received the new image as a jpg. The second thing that happens is the a small “screen” which had the same photo as photoshop opens, this is the screen that open if you have no project/program registered. I cannot make the camera function (take a photo) via the computer. Has any one gotten their computer to take the photo or do you have to push the shutter manually?   You mengtioned normal remote shooting, is that different that using live view?

Sorry I did not answer all the questions. I have tried three diferent lens and am shoting stills. the camers is on a tripod.

Announcements