cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D1 Mark III firmware 1.3.2, Using EOS utility Liveview.

jclang
Contributor

I cannot get the computer screen shutter button to take the photo. I can get the preview to come up but then I have to close it and physically push the shutter. Also when I try to use fast view a box pops up saying it is bussy. The instructions say you should be able to do this from the computer. Using EOS utility. Any help would be appreciated, solutions would be better.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I will be gone for the rest of the evening but if you have more questions go ahead and reply as I may be able to get back on a few times in the next day or so.

Have a wonderful holiday season.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Here is my steps:

1 - press LIVE VIEW SHOOT

2 - Look at your screen. Focus and what ever.

3 - Press Compose

4 - Shoot

EB

when you indicate "shoot", are you using the shutter button or the button on the computer screen? and if so which one, can you do a screen shot?

Certainly here ya go.1.jpg2.jpg

EB

"when you indicate "shoot", are you using the shutter button or the button on the computer screen?"

The round button on the right of the screen.  Live View, Compose and then press the round looking button.

EB

First thanks for all the help so far! 

I am beginning to feel dumber than usual. I have tried this on two different computers and get nowhere. Being redundant: start EOS program and get right hand program. Camera is on!

1. click on live LiveView. Its the third choice from the bottom. Get the image on the screen, the mirror on the camera has locked up.

2. The left hand screen is now in LiveView. On the upper right hand side of the LiveView screen click to the right of LiveView button and click on Compose. That changes the menu items below it. So far so good. Are we still on the same page,\?

3. Then you are indicating that I should click on the button on the right side of the screen. Should that be the left? In the lower left had side of the LiveView screen there are two icons- a round black button and a camera/file icon, clicking on the button I still get nothing.

4. The only thing I notice different between your screen shots and my screen is in the upper right corner of the EOS menu I have a little red light and yours appears to be white or clear. It that important?

1a.jpg

EB

I think I have it, its the little red light in the upper right corner of the EOS menu. What does that indicate and how do I get it to go away? That is the only thing different in our setups.

Hope this is more clear than right or left here and there.  This is how mine works and works well on a WIn 8.1 machine with the latest EOS Utility.

Is your lens in MF? It needs to be, if not.

EB

yes all the lens are in manual mode.

That is the focus confirmation indicator. That is likely your problem. The lens is not in focus and the camera will not fire.

EB
Announcements