cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could someone explain/link me to a forum that explains why CR2 files are pink when imported?

vanessadenise
Apprentice

I'm new to canon and when I shot raw, I didn't think I'd have an issue getting the images on my computer. However, when I imported them using a converter, they come out pink! I shot monochromatic and using a Mark iii if that makes a difference. I haven't really found a clear answer. I'm sure it's something simple I'm not getting but since I'm used to Nikon, I just don't get it and can't seem to find anything to explain it. I really appreciate it!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hsbn
Whiz
What software do you use to view your Raw file? If it is not Canon DPP,then it cannot render your Raw in B&W because third party software cannot read in-camera settings. If the entire photo is pink you may have a corrupted monitor profiles. Nikon or canon doesnt matter in this case.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

hsbn
Whiz
What software do you use to view your Raw file? If it is not Canon DPP,then it cannot render your Raw in B&W because third party software cannot read in-camera settings. If the entire photo is pink you may have a corrupted monitor profiles. Nikon or canon doesnt matter in this case.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

top image is what I see in DPP and the second is what I see when I tried to import with another program. I appreciate the help!

Untitled-2

cicopo
Elite

When you say pink do you mean they have a pink tint or are they showing up as a pink (only) thumbnail? I had a program where they showed up as all pink a few years ago because it needed to be updated to recognize the new CR2's of a newly released body. Verify that your program is the newest version. The fact Canon names it's files as CR2 doesn't mean they are all the same format. Every new body uses a newer file format but they still get the CR2 file extension.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

that was exactly the problem. Updated my lightroom and it imported easily. Thanks for your help!

Announcements