cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying to LaCie Portable Hard Drive

crahol
Apprentice

I am going to Europe for 3 weeks with my wife to celebrate our 30th anniversary.  I am not taking a laptop.  Is there a way for me to copy my CF cards directly from my camera to my LaCie Rugged portable hard drive?

Thanks,

Craig

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@crahol wrote:

I am going to Europe for 3 weeks with my wife to celebrate our 30th anniversary.  I am not taking a laptop.  Is there a way for me to copy my CF cards directly from my camera to my LaCie Rugged portable hard drive?

Thanks,

Craig

Not that I know of.  An inexpensive tablet might be able to do the trick.  Just do not forget about line voltage differences between US and Europe.  Some gear can work on either system, with just a plug adapter, and some gear cannot.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

No, you need some sort of contoller, you can certainly use the Canon CS100 or the equivalent.

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@crahol wrote:

Thanks,

Craig

My advice would be to not trust your vacation pictures to any one device, even a 'rugged' hard drive.

I would suggest taking a small netbook or tablet (that you've tested with your camera or reader and 'rugged' drive), shooting RAW + JPG, and use your hotel's WiFi to transfer copies of your JPGs to the 'cloud' nightly.

I think a single portable drive is fine if he keeps the cards and does not re-use them.

Announcements