cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting camera to iPhone 12 Pro

lusigan
Apprentice

Hi 

I recently purchased a canon 6D Mark II. According to other reading I have done, because my smart phone is NFS equipped, all I should have to do is touch my phone to the camera and automatically be connected and ready to download. But this is not the case. Instead, I get a message that says “NFS tag detected. No useable data found”.

Does anyone have experience with this?

thanks all

Thank service repair camera iPhone huy dung at VN thay kính camera and more at post thay camera iPhone
3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Where are you seeing this message, in the camera or in the phone?  NFS is just about obsolete thanks to Bluetooth.  I do not think you can use it to transfer photos to a phone, anyway.  Printers, maybe, but not phones...Never tried it.

Download the Canon Connect App, and use Bluetooth.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

iPhone

Get the Canon Connect App

Apple:

‎Canon Camera Connect on the App Store (apple.com)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I assume you meant to say "NFC" and not "NFS".  Anyhow, did you follow the steps in the dedicated WiFi Function Instruction Manual (page 28)?

Now then, on my iPhone 12 Pro, I believe I have only ever used NFC via when using Apple Pay.  I'm not sure Apple provides a "general purpose" solution, so it may be limited to apps specifically coded to use NFC.  Thus, Canon's iOS app may need NFC capabilities to be useful for the scenario you're interested in.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements