cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion about 6d mkii headphone jack

oldguy
Apprentice

I'm confused about something I just read on the CanonUSA website. 

I'm planning on buying the new 6d mkii, but I've been bummed about the lack of a headphone jack, since I also shoot video. I was just reading some info on the Canon website, and it referred to a "headphone terminal." What the heck? What is a headphone terminal? Is a headhphone terminal the same as a headphone jack? 

Maybe someone from Canon can clear this up for me. 

Thanks,

Ross

aka @oldguywithacamera

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/3/0300027473/01/eos6d-mk2-bim-en.pdf

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the page from the manual. I'm guessing that by "headphone terminal" they're referring either to the USB port or the HDMI port. I'm planning on mounting a small LED monitor in the camera's hotshoe, and then taking a headphone feed off of there. Maybe there is a way of getting audio off that usb port. 

Tim
Authority

Hello OldGuy, 

The EOS 6D Mark II doesn't feature a headphone output through the terminals.  The methods I've seen for monitoring are to use a third party device, such as a microphone recorder or like you mentioned, an HDMI monitor with a headphone out.  I think the idea being that if the audio is crucial enough to monitor with a headphone then you're probably using a more advanced audio setup with a seperate recorder and microphone/s which would make monitoring via headphone easy. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

oldguy
Apprentice
Thanks for your comment. I think that may be the "idea," but it was a really bad idea. Microphone jacks aren't high tech. They should have put one in. They cost about ten cents.

They have a microphone jack.

The cost (and space!) is in the amplifier, not the jack.

Announcements