cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compact Flash SD Card Lost ALL Data!

stevieglick
Contributor

Hi guys! New to the forum. I had an event today and was taking photos and video all day, later in the evening I went to upload some new photos to my macbook and everything was gone. Any help would be appreciated!

14 REPLIES 14

SamanthaW

Hi!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the model of the camera you have.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks! 

Hi, 

Its a Canon Mark iii

We have a couple models that have a Mark III. You should see one of two types of model numbers, it will say EOS XXXD Mark III, or you will see PowerShot XXX Mark III. 

EOS

Great, now there should be a number, followed by the letter D. What number is that? In full, it will look like EOS [insert number here] D Mark III. OR it will look like EOS [insert number here] D X Mark III. 

Haha, sorry! We will get there eventually. I am new to the photography world. 5D. 

That's exactly what we needed! So you have the EOS 5D Mark III! We'll get this escalated to our product experts, but in the meantime, our forum contributors might chime in as well! 

@stevieglick wrote:

Hi guys! New to the forum. I had an event today and was taking photos and video all day, later in the evening I went to upload some new photos to my macbook and everything was gone. Any help would be appreciated!

There is no such thing as a "compact flash SD card". A CF card and an SD card are two different animals, and the 5D Mark III has a slot for one of each. So are you sure you're looking at the right card? Keep in mind that if you remove the card that's currently in use, the camera will, by default, switch to the other card - and will stay switched even if you put the original card back. To return to the original card, you have to go to the menu and set it as current again.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

71M5LbGECfL._SL1100_.jpg

Again, I am new to this world so I apoligize for misinformation. Here is the card I am working with that I seem to have lost all my videos and photos on. 

Announcements