cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine two DSLR for video shooting

ibrahimwalied
Apprentice

I've recently bought D70 kit EF-S 18-135mm + EF 50mm 1.4. I'm new to these DSLR cameras and the main purpose was to shoot cenimatic full HD videos. I came to know later that the D70 isn't a full frame camera. Now I need to add one more DSLR to shoot my videos from different angles. I need to know whether it'll be a good idea to get another D70? Or will it be better to have a full frame camera like 6D? The main thing is that I need to be able to edit videos shot by the two different cameras and show good results.  

Is shooting the same video from different angles with two different DSLR bodies will give different quality videos that will be hard to combine together in editing software, like Adobe Premiere? 

If videos will be harmonized easily together, then I believe owning two different cameras will be better where I'll be able to take full frame shots as well as croped ones.

Appreciate your feedback. 

1 REPLY 1

You don't need a full-frame camera. If you want/need to be able to use your second camera for very high quality stills, buy a 7D Mark II; otherwise buy another 70D. (I assume that's what you have. A D70 is a Nikon DSLR that's on its way to becoming an antique.)

If you think you might get serious enough about photography to eventually buy a FF camera, consider buying lenses (when you need them) that will work on a FF camera. The 18-135 you have will not. (The 50mm probably will.)

This advice comes from someone who has never shot a video. So accept it or reject it with that understanding.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements