cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color artifacts on 5d Mark iii

chanellebarona
Contributor

Hello. I recently upgraded to a 5d mark iii from my 70d. I have been shooting on the 70d with no problems the last 4+ years. Since switchikng to the 5d I have been having a lot of issues. I make my living as a photographer (so not an amateur here) and have shot using a 5d mark ii without these problems before. 

But I am getting the most terrible colors with settings exactly the way I would set them on a 70d. Color balance is never right and the back screen does not even remotely accurately match what the images look like on the computer after. I am shooting in locations I have shot in before that I have never had issues with. I am also getting strange green and purple tints inconsistently throughout photos. I am at my wits end trying to figure out what the issue is. I shoot in the highest possible resolution raw and process with camera raw and photoshop. These color issues with green and purple often show up AFTER saving (no settings have changed from my previous camera and editing processed)

I really need this to be solved as my job depends on it.

12 REPLIES 12

Reset camera settings to factory using the Menu options and take a photo outdoors in daylight.

If that is good then chnaces are its not a camera problem. Then you will need to carefully review everything associated with the "bad" shots to chace down your problem.

If not it probably requires service.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Is it lighting with flicker? Try a movie to see if it happens every few frames.

Could this be an effect I've seen referred to as "color moire noise"?

https://www.picturecorrect.com/tips/moire-in-photography-what-it-is-and-how-to-remove-it/

I've seen some moire noise removal adjustments in either DPP4 or DxO OpticsPro, but I've never had occasion to work with it.

Are you shooting with LED lighting by chance? Some cameras seem to be particularly sensitive to certain LED color ranges.

Announcements