cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Camera Owner Name In EOS 1Ds mk II

SorenHansen
Apprentice

Hello all

I'm the new proud owner of this camera model, but when I look at the exif data, the first owner's name is written 😞

Anybody have an idea, a fix or some possible way to change that, besides buying a new PC and find a win XP ?

Thank you

Soren

6 REPLIES 6

cicopo
Elite

IF you got the CD with the camera you need both an older computer running XP or an earlier version of Windows PLUS you need a firewire port & cable. Communicating with that camera (I still own & use mine) is done via Firewire not through a USB cable.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Thank you, I will try that

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Depending on which EXIF field it is, you might try setting the copyright information from the camera menu.

Thank you kvbarkley, and where in the menu is that ? I think I have been thru it a few dusin times 😞

Sorry, I misspoke. It looks like that camera can't set the copyright from the menus, you have to use a computer. I just figured that if a Rebel could do it...

This has come up many times over the last few years & to date no one has found a way to by pass having to do it via Firewire. The good news is (going from memory) that you don't need the specific CD for the camera because the software disc for all the DSLR's of the era included it. 20D thru 40D & the 5D, 1D, 1D2, 1D2n, 1Ds & 1Ds2 seem to have the right version of EOS Utility.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Announcements