cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the display screen of my canon camera EOS 6D?

PL
Apprentice

Hi,

My new canon 6D camera fell down while I was on holiday. I would like to know if it's posiible to change the display screen which has been damaged. What is the price? Can I buy the display screen and do it myself? Or should I leave my camera in a canon shop so that they change it?  

Thank you,

PL

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Send it to Canon service.

Of course you 'can' replace it by yourself.  After all a mere human being is the one that will replace it but they have extensive training and the proper equipment.  Do you?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thank you for your answer.

Where can I buy the display screen? In a canon shop or any other camera shop is fine?

The notion you have to ask where to obtain the part(s) it is obivious you lack the proper traing to do this.

Save yourself a lot of grief and send it to Canon service.

But ignoring this advise, look for a Canon parts supplier on Google.  Or, you can get ..........................

Genuine Canon replacement service parts are available to purchase by calling the Canon Parts Order Desk at

(866) 481-2569.

Please note that for both product safety and optimal product operation most service parts should be installed only by a Canon authorized service provider.

You will need the schematic, also.  Smiley Frustrated

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Hey PL, I've tried this before so you've been forewarned.

I think it is possible but unless you done repairs like this in the past (for example, you've successfully replaced the screen on a later-generation iPod) you're better off paying for someone to do it.

You can get a replacement screen on eBay.

Good luck.

BTW, my G15 was repaired by Canon at a cost of approx. $200. The cost of the replacement screen was nominal.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements